Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chevron Chain of Ice

The challenge was to make some jewelry that brought snowflakes to mind. We’ve had quite a bit of snow here in the Northeast and I’m honestly rather sick of looking at it. However, this bracelet is so pretty I don’t even mind that it reminds me of the cold stuff. I used a pattern from an old copy of Bead & Button I had laying around. The pattern is for sale on their site.

 

IMG_1653

 

Instead of alternating the beads to create a flower design I kept all the beads the same. My friends at Artbeads.com provided me with some really pretty beads. The seed beads are  Miyuki 8g 11/0 Trans Pearl Dusky Blue Delicas and the other beads, new on Artbeads.com, are 3mm Alexandrite Druk Beads.  I have to admit I’ve never worked with Druk beads before but really loved them by the time I was done.

IMG_1654

This bracelet design is nice because no clasp purchase is necessary. You use the same beads to create your own clasp!

IMG_1657

Full Disclosure: Most of the beads you see are from Artbeads.com.  Some of the items I had on hand but many of the items are from them. To be clear; they gave me the beads so I would create and then write. Nothing really very sinister but I need to tell you this all upfront so none of us gets into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment